21 September 2012
Portobello High School community consultation
Participated in Portobello High School community consultation. Thoroughly unsatisfactory meeting. However… We were table #3. Our conclusions drawn on page above (click to enlarge) but just to summarise:
- Investigate if Portobello Park is Common Good Land (probably not seems to be consensus).
- If it is enact a Private Act of Parliament to allow building here (as at National Galleries in Princess St Gardens.
- Appeal to supreme court.
1A. IN PARALLEL with the above Council should start feasibility into option 2 site.
NB our table also concluded following:
- No to community referendum as that would “polarise opinion” and distract from the issue.
- No to existing school site – too small and de-cant not plausible.
- No to any site outwith the catchment area of the school.
- Walking to school is the best option!